Deciding what to make for lunch is always an annoying proposition for me. I have a hard time pulling myself away from whatever activity I am currently engrossed in to stop and make a lunch. During the week I typically try to have my meals pre-prepped so I can grab them on the go in the morning, however, on the weekend it is often a last minute item.
There are a million recipes for them, but Chicken Quesadillas are always a win for a quick lunch! They are especially fast when you have one of the frozen onion and peppers bags in your freezer. 🙂 Fresh is better, but with three boys, I certainly do not have time to always be dicing before cooking. Frozen veggies, whole wheat wraps, chicken, cheese, seasoning and you are good to go!
Oil (I use Coconut Oil, but Olive Oil or butter works too.)
- 6-8 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps
- 1 lbs chicken
- 1/2 Bag frozen onions & peppers
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican mix is best for quesadillas, but cheddar works great too)
- Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb Seasonings (I did not have any, so mixed: Cilantro, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Peppers, and a little Cumin)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place 1 Tbsp Oil in pan along with the chicken and frozen veggies
- Add seasonings to taste (I use about a tablespoon mixture since i like good amount of flavor)
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink
- Place chicken and veggies into a bowl
- I re-use the same pan to reduce cleanup, but you can use a separate pan if you want.
- Place small dot of oil or butter into the pan and place a tortilla shell onto the pan swirling it around to ensure the oil covers the shell bottom
- Place a small layer of cheese across the shell
- Place several spoonfuls of chicken filling onto one half of the shell atop the cheese
- Once cheese looks like it is melting, fold the quesadilla in half remove from pan and repeat until filling has run out.
Let us know if you try this recipe out and what you thought of it. Post back your comments and don’t forget to show your support by liking us on Facebook, Pintrest, or whatever your favorite social media outlet is!
Happy healthy eating and keep on constantly crafting!