Brussels sprouts, not only tasty when cooked right, they are one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. These leafy green veggies are low in calories and fat, yet high in fiber. They are also packed full of antioxidant vitamins and minerals you need (vitamin C, E and A), and they can also reduce your risk of disease. As I said though, they are just plain delicious when cooked right! I especially love mine with a good rosemary chicken.
- Package of Brussels Sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbs Pine Nuts (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt (Two twists of a small salt grinder worked well for me, but it is up to cooks taste)
- Shake Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stems off the brussels sprouts and then cut them in half long ways.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix it up.
- Place the contents of the bowl onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray (or my preference is to use wax paper).
- Cook in the over until slightly browned (think lightly toasted). (20-25 minutes)