I made these peppers to take to work as lunches and let me tell you, almost every person that saw me with these tried to steal my lunch! These were soooo good! The Quinoa is great to help fill you up and all of the spices and tomatoes make this taste amazing. My wife was full with half a pepper, while I definitely always finished off a whole one myself. 🙂 So on to the recipe.
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño (de-seeded) finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes (or I used 4 Roma tomatoes) finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach, rough chopped
- 1 lbs of lean ground beef or turkey meat
- 1 ½ Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan + additional for topping
- 6-8 Bell Peppers, your choice of color
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Lightly drizzle large sauté pan w/ oil and turn up to medium heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño, tomatoes & celery and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 min., then add garlic & spices.
- Add meat to pan and cook for about 10 min. breaking it up w/ a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Add spinach & cook another 2-3 min. until it has all cooked down, remove from heat.
- Add the quinoa, marinara & parmesan. Stir until well incorporated
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove seeds, etc.
- Fill peppers with stuffing
- Place peppers in a baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan, lightly drizzle w/ olive oil. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour