I had no idea what I wanted for breakfast this morning as I was not in the mood for an omelet or protein pancake today… I wanted something more… Like potatoes! But I have given up on normal white potatoes, white rice, white flower, etc… So looking around my kitchen I decided to be both creative and colorful this Sunday morning.
I am pleased to say that this meal is an absolute keeper! It was healthy, colorful, and tasted great!
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1 Small Apple (I used a small organic Gala Apple)
- 5 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs (I always use large organic brown eggs)
- Place nonstick pan on stove and turn it on to medium heat
- Place tablespoon of coconut oil into pan
- Dice up the sweet potato and add it to pan
- Dice up apple and bacon then add them to the pan (Stir into potatoes)
- Add some salt & pepper to taste (I add it in as I go little here and little there)
- While the potato and apple soften up (about five minutes), dice up the onion, red pepper, and garlic
- After the five minutes are up; add the onion, peppers and garlic to pan (Stir into mixture)
- Let this cook until the onions turn clear and are soft
- Add your eggs into the pan and scramble
- Cook until eggs are done
A small garnish of Spinach adds a nice little touch of green.
Let us know if you try this recipe out and what you thought of it. Post back your comments and don’t forget to show your support by liking us on Facebook, Pintrest, or whatever your favorite social media outlet is!
Happy healthy eating and keep on constantly crafting!