In the constant search for cleaner tasty treats to help satisfy cravings when they hit yet stay on the more protein and less fat/junk side of life… These babies are a great middle ground! Lots of good protein, yet a nice rich chocolatey taste. The recipe comes from Ambitious Kitchen. (Total props here!!!) Hope you all enjoy, and if you do let us and AK know!
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 of a large extra ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (important to use a VERY good quality powder!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar OR 1/4 cup brown sugar sustitute, such as Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of choice, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won’t process then add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies. Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into twelve delicious squares.
Serving size: 1 brownie (1/12th of recipe Calories: 124 Fat: 4.6g Carbohydrates: 18.5g Sugar: 9.9g Fiber: 3.5g Protein: 4.7g
Original Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com